Mooseheart School Pilot After School Program Conducted May 14 – 18, 2018 was a success, with over 6 groups of junior high and high schools students performing at an all-school assembly on Friday. The students enjoyed spending time and learning songwriting, performance, and music business skills from each other and Music Over Miles Spokesperson Andrew Salgado, and music therapists Alyssa Wilkins and Ava Marvin who also joined in the school assembly as well as several teachers.
The event was featured in the Moose magazine.
Mooseheart is grateful to sponsor Rich Moore, Owner of Shanahan’s Food & Sprirts in Woodridge, who made the donation to make this pilot possible.
April 21, 2018 Pizza, Wine, & Music Fundraiser– An intimate acoustic evening with Spokesperson Andrew Salgado hosted by the Center For Creative Arts Therapy, 4336 Saratoga Ave., 2nd Floor, Downers Grove, IL 60515. All benefits go to Music Over Miles.
Sponsored by Music Over Miles – A Musical Salute to Veteran’s – November 11, 2017
The event was a success and many blessings provided for the “Salute to Veterans” – more updates to come.
Music Over Miles says THANK YOU to all who donated, worked and supported this beautiful event.
Special thanks to Darryl Worley, Andrew Salgado, Andy Avalos, The Long Lost and of course, all the Veterans.
Brimley Middle School, Brimley MI – October 19, 2017
Photos courtesy of Brimley Middle School, Brimley MI October 19, 2017 Music Over Miles Program
Camp Jam July 2017:
Special guests Lauren Ritchie and Matthew Kerr from Lauren and Matt Acoustic Duo (Facebook.com/laurenandmattacousticduo)
Videos: to come
Email from Director of Camp Jam Staff
“Andrew did a great job of getting the young musicians engaged and involved in his presentation. We would love to have him back at any of our camps next year.”
Camp Jam Staff
Email from school about our event (April 2017)
I can’t tell you how much we appreciate you putting on today’s show for our students. Hours after the show, they continue talking about how much they enjoyed and learned from it. Your time, energy, and effort are much appreciated. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time!
Third Floor Director
Walt Disney Magnet School
March 30, 2017 – Music Over Miles Inaugural School Event – Chicago.
History of the launch of Music Over Miles Foundation and Website
December 2016 Music Over Miles Foundation established and T.C. Leonard appointed as Executive Director
January 2017 Spokesperson Andrew M. Salgado selected as Inaugural Spokesperson
February 2017 Fundraising Processing Begins and Website MusicOverMiles.org launched
February 2017 School Application Process Begins and Tentative Performance Schedule Planned
2017 Events: Facebook link
Organization formed in December 2016.
- January – Website domains were set up, and Website and Facebook page were designed. Twitter account was also initiated but has not been made active.
- February – Andrew Salgado signed as National Spokesperson for organization. The website and initial grant campaign was funded by anonymous founder. Website was designed, and dedicated volunteers began maintaining both the website (musicovermiles.org) and Facebook @musicovermiles which continue to grow fans (currently over 100). Integrated donation and school sign up page were integrated into the website. Completion of website introduction video. (volunteer)
- March: Creation of Instructional Video on Music Industry (volunteers). Media announcement made via WGN by Spokesperson on live hours show. Publicity appearance: March 17th Hyatt Schaumburg St. Patrick’s Day Event with Board President. March 30th – Inaugural School event at Walt Disney Magnet School, Chicago IL APPROXIMATELY 500 Junior High School Students
- April – Completion of Promotional Video for Donors (volunteer). Durham North Carolina Publicity Broadcast at Bulls Baseball game, plus donation booth. Also promoted charity on two North Carolina radio stations.
- May – Las Vegas High School in Las Vegas – Approximately 900 high school students, NV and Thurman White Performing Arts Charter School – Henderson NV. Approximately 100 Junior High Students May – WGN Roe Conn show update on Music Over Miles by Spokesperson.
- June – June 13th – Performance to support Media Day with Fox News at launch of historic Willowbrook Ballroom demolition/restoration event
- July – Camp Jam, Lake Forest IL Approximately 150 Junior High and High School Students
- August – Camp Jam, Connecticut, August 18th Approximately 150 Junior High and High School Students Fundraising Booth, Burr Ridge, IL
- September – Back to School – Month off!
- October – Willowbrook Ballroom Outdoor Fundraiser – Appearance & Support, Media and Appearances – Sault Ste. Marie, MI, Two Local Radio Stations Promotions, Brimley High School and Junior High School – Approximately 400 students. Beginning discussions were help around development of a Chicago suburban area after school workshop.
- November – MOM Sponsored Veteran’s Day Event – Elmhurst, IL Fundraiser, Media – WGN and 98.3 Chicago
- December – Development of After School Program begins with two local Chicago area schools
Additional Locations to be Added
All dates/locations subject to change and funding